Exploring Global Awareness Through Photos
Looking for a provocation to get your students thinking about global issues? Explore these thought-provoking photos to build a deeper understanding of children’s lives around the world.
These images are useful for thinking deeply about concepts like wealth, poverty, resources, happiness, rights, responsibilities, perspective, identity, diversity and citizenship. Photo provocations are great ways to hook students into targeted concepts. Allow students to think freely about the presented photos, or opt to introduce them with questions that guide students towards preset understandings. High-quality images are effective in encouraging students to analyze, compare, question, hypothesize and reflect.
- 30 Magical Photos of Children Playing Around the World
- 60 Stunning Photos of Girls Going to School Around the Globe
- How Classrooms Look Around the World
- 25 of the Most Dangerous and Unusual Journeys to School in the World
- Children’s Bedrooms Around the World
- Hungry Planet: What the World Eats
Personalize the use of these images by having students:
- Analyze and sort the photos into regions of the world
- Do a Concept Walk with a selection of the photos
- Do a See Think Wonder using one of the photos
- Do a Gallery Walk with a selection of photos
If you have any articles with thought-provoking images for learning, share the link with us in a comment below.
Leave a Reply